- Hoover, AL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) with profit sharing
Southlake Orthopaedics, a premier Orthopaedic practice with two Birmingham locations, is recruiting a Certified Medical Coder for their Hoover location.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with clinical staff to assure documentation supports CPT and ICD 10 codes. .
- Appropriately codes information about procedures performed and selects specific diagnosis codes from documentation. Modifiers are added to ensure multiple procedures are reimbursed appropriately.
- Verifies and completes charge information in database and produces billing, assures eligibility verification supports reimbursement.
- Works with surgery schedulers to track and capture documentation on all scheduled procedures and tracks census at surgery centers and hospitals to assure all charges are captured.
- Works with billing staff to support follow-up on bundled services, denials related to medical necessity, and reviews all appeals to assure documentation supports coding.
- Scrubs daily charge entry for possible missing modifiers.
- Aids in the training of financial counselor, reviews process of surgery schedulers to assure prior authorization and coding is appropriate before surgery.
- Audits five E & M charts per quarter per provider and coaches providers on improved documentation.
- Prepares training for providers related to specificity of diagnosis codes.
- Assures CCI edits are reviewed each quarter to assure bundling edits are understood and changes in modifier usage is communicated to billing.
- Continually trains on orthopedic, pain management, trauma/reconstruction codes.
- Certification by AAPC or other qualified organization is required.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in billing and coding required, Orthopaedic coding preferred.
- Experience in coding outpatient and inpatient E&M and surgical/procedural coding
- Greenway Primesuite practice management experience is a plus
As a member of the Southlake team you can expect:
- Generous Paid Time Off based on years of service
- Health & Welfare benefits starting the first of the month following your date of hire:
- BCBS Medical
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Accident, Cancer, and Critical Illness coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) plan after one year of employment
- Referral Bonus program
- Monday - Friday schedule for most roles
You must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test for employment at Southlake Orthopaedics. Any job offer will be contingent on the results of such background check and drug test.
Southlake Orthopaedics https://southlakeorthopaedics.applicantpro.com