- Hoover, AL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) with profit sharing
Southlake Orthopaedics has an opening for a full-time Call Center Representative at our Hoover location, which is a busy and very fast paced clinic. The position is Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm. The ideal candidate should be courteous, professional, organized, engaging, and friendly.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work in a fast-paced call center environment, promptly accepting incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Schedule appointments electronically for new and established patients, collect and input information into Southlake's Electronic Medical Records (EHR) system while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Verify patient demographics and insurance coverage, data entry.
- Work independently to resolve patient and provider questions related to patient care referrals, pre-authorization/pre-certification, and insurance verifications.
- Identify and escalate priority issues appropriately.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff, and other customers, demonstrating the highest level of commitment and compassion in all such interactions.
- Possess and display excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
- Demonstrate strong telephone communication skills and etiquette.
- Maintain composure during moments of stress and maintain a helpful disposition at all times.
- Respond to patient questions and concerns regarding services and billing
- Ensure insurance referrals are obtained from the referring/primary doctor
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Greenway EHR (preferred but not required)
- 1 year of customer experience required, 6 months in a medical office setting preferred
- Call center experience highly preferred
- Candidate must possess a strong attention to detail, have the ability to multi-task, and be service-oriented
As a member of the Southlake team you can expect:
- Generous Paid Time Off based on years of service
- Health & Welfare benefits starting the first of the month following your date of hire:
- BCBS Medical
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Accident, Cancer, and Critical Illness coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) plan after one year of employment
- Referral Bonus program
- Monday - Friday schedule for most roles
You must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test for employment at Southlake Orthopaedics. Any job offer will be contingent on the results of such background check and drug test.
Southlake Orthopaedics https://southlakeorthopaedics.applicantpro.com