- 08-Jan-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Jefferson City, MO, USA
- $3,528.00-$4,908.00 Monthly
- Full Time
An individual in this position performs analysis, design, development, and maintenance of computer application software in a web-based environment. The individual is also responsible for supporting and developing web pages. The individual will be familiar with the software development life cycle including analysis, prototyping, design, development, deployment, and testing.
Job Functions and General Responsibilities:
The general responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following job functions:
- Front-End Development: Develop GUI, front-end interfaces for applications
- Web Development: Analyze, plan, and develop GUI solutions
- Assist in developing .NET applications using SOA, WCF design patterns for SOS applications.
- Assist in developing custom code for.NET applications using .NET 4.6, Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 (or other .NET versions and/or Microsoft Visual Studio versions, and other software as appropriate)
- Maintain and enhance existing web pages and applications
- Troubleshoot problems with existing sites and applications.
An individual in this position receives direction and oversight, has competency in work assigned, and displays judgment and initiative in the required work. The individual in this position will be able to perform the following types of work tasks. These examples are a representation of expected work, but are not limited to only the following:
- Participates in detailed application and architectural designs.
- Designs, writes, documents, tests, and maintains applications within the .NET Framework, including those of beginner to intermediate complexity
- Works with senior staff in developing components for application layers including the business layer and data layer.
- Performs maintenance/enhancement activities on existing .NET, ASP, MVC, C# and Visual Basic applications in accordance with user or analyst requirements and without disrupting functional existing code.
- May assist with SQL procedures
- Responds to questions from customers needing assistance; identifies problem source and resolves problems; refers and discusses problems with supervisor or other designated contacts as appropriate.
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends technical solutions to integrate and improve efficiency of information systems, and incorporate emerging technology and operational best practices.
- Designs websites ensuring functionality and compliance with ADA requirements and state guidelines.
- Serve as support technician for existing systems.
- Participates in meetings, training seminars and user groups.
- Responds to emergency situations to resolve problems.
- Provides accurate status reports of work progress when asked.
- Uses appropriate development tools for source code control, code development, and code deployment.
- Receives formal and on-the-job training.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles of Service Oriented Architecture, with the ability to implement and maintain applications developed in an object-oriented environment
- Knowledge and use of quality coding practices
- Knowledge of application analysis and design
- Knowledge of .NET Frameworks
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating principles
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Communicate effectively.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Independence in performing assigned work
- Produce high-quality work.
- Logical approach to problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Ability to perform problem analysis.
- Ability to interact with and obtain requirements and information from end-users.
- Ability to grasp and use new technologies and tools.
- Ability to prepare and interpret program documentation.
- Ability to adhere to SOS Application Development standards
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve beginner to intermediate application problems.
- Ability to work with multiple developers on a single project.
- Ability to develop code that is easy to understand and easy to maintain.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 earned credit hours in computer science is preferred; or equivalent one year of professional application development work experience.
Qualifications Required for:
- Two years of professional application development work experience.
- Knowledge of stateless web development and web services
- Working knowledge in LINQ
- Understand Use Cases and other UML products.
- Prepare and maintain standards, policies, procedures, guidelines and technical manuals.
- Two years of full-time experience in application development
- Develop solutions using agile methods
- Updates standards, policies, procedures, guidelines and technical manuals as directed.
- Provides reasonable estimates of upcoming tasks assigned.
- Knowledge of Windows Communication Foundation
- Multi-task concurrent projects, requests, and/or problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to contribute to the analysis of policies, procedures and operations, the organizing of their component parts into system specifications, databases, and programs, and the adaptation of them to an automated system.
The above job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.