- Buckeye, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Solterra offers employees: Competitive Weekly Pay and Paid Time Off • 401(K) • Tuition Reimbursement • Work/Life Balance and Community Involvement • Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision • Life/Disability Insurances
Build your career from the ground up.
Come join our Award Winning Team.
Solterra Materials strives to recruit top talent and we are committed to help you grow both professionally and personally. We are confident you will find our Company a dynamic and rewarding place in which to work.
Solterra offers employees:
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision
- Life/Disability Insurances
The Asphalt Plant Loader/Operator operates an articulated front-end wheel loader for the purpose of stockpile management and material loading into feeder bins. This position fosters teamwork and maintains a safe work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee shall perform all duties and responsibilities with Solterra's Core Values at the forefront.
- Performs pre and post equipment inspections.
- Performs basic preventative maintenance tasks.
- Ensures cleanliness of equipment.
- Manages orderliness of stockpile area.
- Loads proper size materials into appropriate bins.
- Must be an advocate of safety and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in job-site and safety meetings and all Company related training.
- Routinely assist other plant employees in different areas of production.
- Must be able to maintain acceptable attendance in a flexible work schedule.
- Ensures/maintains a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Properly follows & promotes all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily maintenance of plant is completed.
- Inspect, clean and maintain equipment and machinery.
- Reports any major maintenance or other plant related issues to plant manager.
- Must be able and willing to perform other plant duties as needed.
- Responsible for reporting problems and malfunction equipment and/or machinery to supervisor and/or shop personnel.
- May set up and tear down equipment.
- Understand material handling and storage in compliance with SDS sheets.
- Performs each essential duty according to Preferred Materials guideline and standards.
- Any and all other duties assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position is considered a safety-sensitive position and is subject to the company's drug and alcohol policy, as well as all OHSA regulations.
- All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Serves as a safety ambassador by complying with federal, state and local laws, as well as Company safety policy, enforces safe work practices, and proactively identifies and remedies worksite hazards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position operates at professional construction sites, requiring the ability to communicate with verbally others on site, in person and over the telephone, ability to read printed materials, signs and directions, stamina to maintain attention despite interruptions, ability to lift, push, pull, carry, handle or feel objects, supplies, tools, machinery and/or controls weighing up to 50 pounds and reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift overhead, traverse around or otherwise position one's self around the required work and safety requirements to navigating and perform activities on various construction sites in a safe manner.
- Will be required to work on project sites and operate vehicles, trailers, machinery, equipment and other tools within local, state and federal safety guidelines.
- This position operates in a professional field environment. The position requires working outside, frequently for long periods of time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other air-borne pathogens, gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines and dust/debris.
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS
- This is a full time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Minimal travel required with advanced notice.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Two (2) years of related experience preferred.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be fluent in English, i.e., must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to become wheeler loader certified (internal program) within 180 days of employment.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check is required.
Solterra Materials is an equal employment opportunity employer.