- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Solterra offers employees: Competitive Weekly Pay and Paid Time Off • 401(K) • Tuition Reimbursement • Work/Life Balance and Community Involvement • Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision • Life/Disability Insurances
Build your career from the ground up.
Come join our Award Winning Team.
Solterra Materials strives to recruit top talent and we are committed to help you grow both professionally and personally. We are confident you will find our Company a dynamic and rewarding place in which to work.
Solterra offers employees:
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision
- Life/Disability Insurances
The Asphalt Plant Operator position will be responsible for manufacturing various asphalt products according to mix design and customer jobsite specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee shall perform all duties and responsibilities with Solterra's Core Values at the forefront.
- Must be an advocate of safety and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Performs pre and post shift inspections and reports condition of plant for items needing repair.
- Operates computer controls to batch material.
- Inputs and manipulates asphalt mix designs within the plant computer controls.
- Supervises loader operator, oiler, and water truck operator.
- Performs calculations for differing load sizes.
- Loads Hot Mix Asphalt into haul trucks.
- Reads and/or writes delivery tickets to determine mix design called for each load. May issue delivery tickets to haul truck driver.
- Communicates with Dispatchers and Drivers.
- Controls inventory of materials (i.e. oil, fuel, lime, etc.).
- Monitors air quality based on proper requirements.
- May be responsible for maintaining stationary HMA equipment including but not limited to conveyors, shakers, drives, and screws. This includes inspecting the condition of the machinery and documenting items in need of repair or service; diagnosing problems and performing mechanical repair and maintenance; replacing or repairing defective parts using hand tools, power tools, cutting torches, and welding equipment; rebuilding or fabricating parts; reading technical manuals: and may order parts from central services or outside suppliers/vendors.
- May drive a pick-up truck or maintenance vehicle in the plant and/or to pick-up parts from local vendors.
- Any and all other duties assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position is considered a safety-sensitive position and is subject to the company's drug and alcohol policy, as well as all OHSA regulations.
- All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Serves as a safety ambassador by complying with federal, state and local laws, as well as Company safety policy, enforces safe work practices, and proactively identifies and remedies worksite hazards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position operates at professional construction sites, requiring the ability to communicate with verbally others on site, in person and over the telephone, ability to read printed materials, signs and directions, stamina to maintain attention despite interruptions, ability to lift, push, pull, carry, handle or feel objects, supplies, tools, machinery and/or controls weighing up to 50 pounds and reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift overhead, traverse around or otherwise position one's self around the required work and safety requirements to navigating and perform activities on various construction sites in a safe manner.
- Will be required to work on project sites and operate vehicles, trailers, machinery, equipment and other tools within local, state and federal safety guidelines.
- This position operates in a professional field environment. The position requires working outside, frequently for long periods of time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other air-borne pathogens, gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines and dust/debris.
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS
- This is a full time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- No travel required.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Six (6) months to one (1) year related experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of air quality requirements.
- Fluency in English, i.e., ability to speak, read and write English a plus.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check is required.
Solterra Materials is an equal employment opportunity employer.