- 28-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
We provide benefits including 401(K), competitive pay, profit sharing potential and up to 50% discount on the fabulous clothes, jewelry, shoes, accessories, home furnishings and world-class beauty products we sell.
Put yourself first. Choose what makes you happy. Then you can better care for the important people in your life. This is the philosophy that Soft Surroundings was founded on and it's the way of the Soft Surroundings culture.
Located in St. Louis, Missouri, Soft Surroundings was founded in 1999. Since that time, we've grown from a small catalog company into a multi-channel merchant with a large catalog circulation, a fast growing internet business and 80 brick and mortar stores. We attribute our phenomenal growth to the passion our employees who provide our customers with not only high-quality apparel, home and beauty products, but the understanding that our customers are not just purchasing an item, but an experience.
We are excited to add a Manager-Global Sourcing- Apparel to our team. This person will be responsible for sourcing brand right fabric and trim for apparel and non-apparel with a focus on keeping the manufacturing process on schedule and achieving margin goals.
- Collaborate with Sourcing, Design and Merchandising teams on fabric and trim needs at a seasonal and style level. Actively source those items in appropriate country and factory.
- Manage the tracking and approvals of all fabric and trims quality submits. Ensure selected fabrics and trims meet the Soft Surroundings level of quality and hand feel standards.
- Maintain fabric/trim submits at season and style level and core fabric/trim libraries.
- Responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of the BOM (bill of materials) page in PLM for all styles within a season.
- Attend development and initial fittings with Technical Design, Merchandising and Design to actively manage fabric and trim changes.
- Partner with Director and Sr. VP on style negotiations with China, India, Peru and Turkey partners to achieve annual margin goals.
- Manages the adherence to Omni-Brand and Sourcing calendars for fabric & trim development process.
- Communicates deviations from calendar and facilitates resolutions.
- Communicate issues effectively and in a timely manner to appropriate party: Agents, Vendors, Factories, SIS and Soft Surroundings Quality Control.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with cross functional and global partners.
- Maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with internal and external associates.
- Trips to DC, store and travel to factories as required.
- Requires college degree or equivalent education with an understanding of computers and computer software i.e.: Illustrator, Excel, Outlook, PLM, Power Point. Requires problem solving and formulation skills, math and calculation, reading and reasoning.
- Must have knowledge of fabric and garment production. Must have in-depth knowledge of knit and woven fabrications as well as linked sweater yarns. Extensive knowledge wet processing and garment dying.
- 3-5 years of previous sourcing or product development
- Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position: computer, telephone, printer, fax, calculator, ruler, tape measure, sewing machine, needle and thread, mannequin, fabric, pins.
Includes physical activities commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job including: sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and typing. Includes visual activities commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job, including clarity of vision at 20 inches or less with the ability to bring objects into sharp focus while reading a computer screen or printed reports.
Includes environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Worker is exposed to normal office conditions.