- 27-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Other - Corporate
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
We provide full benefits, including 401(K) , competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.
Put yourself first. Choose what makes you happy. Then you can better care for the important people in your life. This is the philosophy that Soft Surroundings was founded on and it's the way of the Soft Surroundings culture.
Located in St. Louis, Missouri, Soft Surroundings was founded in 1999. Since that time, we've grown from a small catalog company into a multi-channel merchant with a large catalog circulation, a fast-growing internet business and 80 brick and mortar stores. We attribute our phenomenal growth to the passion our employees who provide our customers with not only high-quality apparel, home and beauty products, but the understanding that our customers are not just purchasing an item, but an experience.
Soft Surroundings is searching for an Assistant Designer for Apparel for our St. Louis headquarters. The Assistant Designer will assist assist the Designer & Senior Designer with all areas of the design & development process. We provide full benefits, including 401(K), competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.
- Assist designers with development tech package creation including some creation of computer sketches in illustrator
- Track development samples for on time delivery for presentations
- Data Entry into PLM system specifically BOM information (Bill of Materials)
- Maintain email communication for fabric, trim and lab dip submit comments or approvals from designers
- Prepare garments racks and garments for presentations
- Organizational duties filing submits and locating samples for reference, taking notes in fittings and CFT meetings for designers
- Shipping and managing incoming packages/distributing received garments, submits and lab dips for design team
- Education in Fashion Design required. Skill set and interest in design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment is imperative
Entry level position. Degree in Fashion Design required. MUST be Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Understanding of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel. Understanding of PLM system, a plus. Outstanding interpersonal communication skills. Strong organizational skills. Mac Computer, Illustrator. Standing, sitting, walking, talking, hearing, seeing. Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less with the ability to bring objects into sharp focus while reading a computer screen.