- 14-Apr-2021 to 13-Jul-2021 (CST)
- Product Development
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
We provide benefits including 401(K), competitive pay, profit sharing potential and up to 50% discount on the fabulous clothes, jewelry, shoes, accessories, home furnishings and world-class beauty products we sell.
Soft Surroundings celebrates a lifestyle of self-preservation and well-being rather than simply selling merchandise. We spark inspiration and discovery so women who believe age is just a number can look, feel and be their best selves. We accomplish our goals by hiring people who value putting customers first, being honest and collaborative, remaining curious and creative, being a problem solver and LOVE WHAT YOU DO!! Is this you???
As an organization, we pride ourselves on delighting our customers with excellent value, terrific merchandise, and exceptional customer service. We do that by hiring the best, most qualified people to fill the jobs we have available. When we have that, we have it all!
Soft Surroundings is seeking a Senior Designer- Sweater and Cut & Sew Knit Tops at our corporate office in St. Louis, MO. We provide full benefits, including 401(K), competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Requires extensive knowledge and experience with sweater design/development
- Work closely with Senior Design Director to develop initial concepts, sketches, and sample execution to create a unique, balanced assortment for sweater and cut and sew knit categories
- Own sweater product design including market research, yarn stitching, hand or computer sketching and flat sketching
- Establish full working knowledge of yarn selection, washes, finishes and implement stitch techniques, and construction that will execute best 1st proto and meeting samples for cut and sew knit, cut and sew sweater knits and fully-fashioned sweater knits
- Work closely with other members of the design team to ensure a cohesive product line is realized
- Analyze construction, yarn and stitch options to insure best pricing and quality
- Create tech packages in PLM with specs, CADS & stitches
- Work with artwork team to create artwork from stitches, jacquards, and intarsia layouts
- Collaborate with merchants in the development of product that will resonate with customer
- Manage all yarn, fabric and trim follow up via email and PLM
- Mentor and manage Associate Designer
- Maintain calendar timing and follow up of product throughout the product life cycle
- 7+ years of women's apparel design experience with at least 5 years of sweater design specialization
- Must possess a thorough understanding of yarns, gauges & stitch construction
- Strong knowledges of industry resources
- Must have computer knowledge in Illustrator and PLM to generate both sketches and development tech packages.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude and work in a team environment
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Travel may be required
- Position is based in St Louis, Missouri