- 24-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Baltimore Convention Center
- Baltimore, MD, USA
Job Listing: Intern- Catering Sales
Are you ready to put your education in to action with on-the-job experience?
The Sodexo Live! Intern Program offers an exciting opportunity for currently enrolled college students to turn their leadership potential into valuable professional experience and get a head start on their careers.
Sodexo Live Information:
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Intern- Catering Sales for the Baltimore Convention Center.
The Baltimore Convention Center is the premier location in the mid-Atlantic region for organizations to host conventions, meetings, banquets, trade shows, and other events. With 300,000 square feet of contiguous exhibition space, approximately 85,000 square feet of meeting space (50 meeting rooms) and a multifunctional 36,672-square-foot ballroom, the Center has the capacity and flexibility for hosting a variety of professional events. Along with business partners, Centerplate (catering), Projection Presentation (audio-visual), M.C. Dean, Inc. (telecommunications) and Edlen Exhibition (temporary utility services), the Center brings together all of the essential elements needed for producing successful events.
Why Should I Apply?
- Gain valuable industry experience working with leaders in the hospitality field
- Flexible scheduling options that are accommodating to the student's school schedule
- Professional development
- Mentoring from a Sodexo Live! Manager
The Intern- Catering Sales will help develop and execute sales strategy for Sodexo Live! across our portfolio of venues with catering and quick serve service offerings. The intern will directly assist the management team of sales related functions, including communicating with staff on a daily basis, creating effective new business techniques and maintaining customer service with current clients. The Senior Catering Sales Manager is responsible for creating unique dining experiences by directing, selling, up-selling and actively participating in the planning and production of catered functions. Working closely with clients, as well as with the sales, culinary and operations staff, they are responsible for ensuring that events are coordinated and executed smoothly and in accordance with all client expectations and specifications.
The Intern will support the planning of and preparation for events according to anticipated attendance and will provide hands-on management and oversight in the areas of service and F&B operations during events.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s catering revenue through creative sales techniques and customer focus.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of business unit by reconciling data and providing information, insight, analysis, and recommendations to maximize revenues and profits.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Current college student with studies in hospitality/food management, communications, human resources, accounting, marketing or another industry-related college program.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Keen ability to connect easily with others and create positive positioning within a particular context or subject matter.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.