- 24-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Chicago, IL, USA
Are you ready to put your education in to action with on-the-job experience?
The Sodexo Live! Intern Program offers an exciting opportunity for currently enrolled college students to turn their leadership potential into valuable professional experience and get a head start on their careers.
Location: We are seeking an Intern - Sustainability for the Museum of Science and Industry located in Chicago, IL.
The Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago-one of the largest science museums in the world-is home to more than 400,000 square feet of hands-on exhibits designed to spark scientific inquiry and creativity. Opened during 1933's Century of Progress in a building from 1893's Columbian Exposition, MSI is the place where generations have been coming to see what's next.
Why Should I Apply?
- Gain valuable industry experience working with leaders in the hospitality field
- Flexible scheduling options that are accommodating to the student's school schedule
- Professional development
- Mentoring from a Sodexo Live! Manager
The Intern- Sustainability position is found within larger Sodexo Live! venues, typically Tier 1 Convention Centers, with a high volume of and significant revenue stream.
The Sustainability Intern will assist the Sustainability team. A team of one or more Catering Sales Managers and or/Coordinators. They are responsible for directing, selling, up-selling and actively participating in group sales Working closely with clients, as well as with the operations staff, they are responsible for ensuring that groups are coordinated and executed smoothly and in accordance with client expectations and specifications. Serve as the key representative of the GREEN TEAM for SPCC/MAEC. Coordinate reports monthly for the GM and the SMG Director of Sustainability. Work with all operations departments to gather information in which they are tracking land fill reduction. Work with Executive Chef for outreach program of local missions, shelters and food banks for food recovery.
The Sustainability Intern will focus on the development, implementation and measurement of the revenue objectives contained within the unit's annual marketing plan. He or she will direct and manage the Catering Sales team and all sales activities to meet revenue objectives and attain the top line financial forecast. This includes developing sales with existing business (forecasted group/local business) and executing strategies to develop new business.
- Maximize Sodexo Live! catering revenue through creative sales techniques and customer focus.
- Support, leverage and expand the effectiveness and capabilities of unit-level workforce through focus on positive employee experiences, fostering teamwork, building strong team relationships and sharing information to build team awareness.
- Communicate and promote Sodexo Live! culture and values; Provide hands-on leadership and direction to Catering Sales staff.
- Participate in special projects related to the development and implementation of organizational, HR and general business strategies.
- Contribute to the goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Current college student with studies in hospitality/food management, communications, human resources, accounting, marketing or another industry-related college program.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Keen ability to connect easily with others and create positive positioning within a particular context or subject matter.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.