- 13-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Caesars Superdome & Smoothie King Center
- New Orleans, LA, USA
Job Listing: Intern - Accounting
Are you ready to put your education in to action with on-the-job experience?
The Sodexo Live! Intern Program offers an exciting opportunity for currently enrolled college students to turn their leadership potential into valuable professional experience and get a head start on their careers.
Sodexo Live Information:
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an Intern - Accounting for the Caesar Superdome Stadium and Smoothie King Arena.
The Caesar's Superdome is established as a premier destination for every type of event, and the grand structure builds on that legacy continually. From the biggest, most elaborate productions that thrill thousands to memorable intimate gatherings, the Superdome adapts and captivates. Located in the heart of the New Orleans Central Business District, the Superdome is among the most enviable venues in the nation. And with a stunning spot on the New Orleans skyline and its iconic design, the Superdome is one of America's most recognizable landmarks. It is the home stadium of the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League!
Why Should I Apply?
- Gain valuable industry experience working with leaders in the hospitality field
- Flexible scheduling options that are accommodating to the student's school schedule
- Professional development
- Mentoring from a Sodexo Live! Manager
The Intern - Accounting position may be found in a variety of Sodexo Live! business environments of varying size and volume, to include convention centers, sporting or events arenas or other entertainment-related venues. The Intern - Accounting may work as an independent contributor reporting directly to the Accounting Manager or Unit Controller, or as part of a larger accounting team.
The Intern - Accounting is responsible for supporting the financial operations of the business by providing management with financial information for forecasting, budgeting and for determining profit and loss. They will assist in entering financial data and will document financial transactions to maintain accurate account balances. They will audit cash receipts, prepare reports, perform reconciliations and research to resolve discrepancies as needed, and may be called upon to conduct special projects as identified by the Unit Controller, Accounting Manager or General Manager.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation of systems and policies related to all aspects of accounting operations.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of business unit by reconciling data and providing information, insight, analysis, and recommendations to maximize revenues and profits.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Current college student with studies in hospitality/food management, communications, human resources, accounting, marketing or another industry-related college program.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Keen ability to connect easily with others and create positive positioning within a particular context or subject matter.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.