- 10-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- Birmingham Jefferson Convention Center Complex
- Birmingham, AL, USA
- 18-18 Hourly
Job Listing: Intern - Food and Beverage Operations @ Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex
Are you ready to put your education in to action with on-the-job experience?
The Sodexo Live! Intern Program offers an exciting opportunity for currently enrolled college students to turn their leadership potential into valuable professional experience and get a head start on their careers.
Sodexo Live Information:
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an Intern - Operations for the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex, Protective Football Stadium and the Legacy Arena.
Open minds and big thinking find the ideal environment to imagine what's next in downtown Birmingham. Whatever the size or location, BJCC is a hub for inspiration. From one-room meetings to full-facility conventions, our staff ensures unequaled service and attention to detail.
The Convention Center Complex includes 220,000sqft Exhibition Hall, 100,000sqft in 74 Meeting rooms, 3,000 Seat Concert Hall, 1,000 Seat Theatre, a brand new 45,000 seat Football Stadium that features 36 suites and a 1,200-person club area. This stadium is home to UAB Football as well as other sporting events and concerts. The property also contains the Legacy Arena. The estimated revenue is $10 to $12 million a year.
With over $300M invested into these facilities they host Major Concerts, NCAA Basketball, and the 2022 World Games. Some stadium facts below.
Protective Football Stadium: Type of Events- 5 UAB football games, Birmingham Bowl plus other Events. 36 Suites, 1,700 person club, 47,000 capacity, 17 Concession Stands.
Legacy Arena: Type of Events- G-League Basketball, Concerts, College Basketball. 18,000 seat capacity. 12 suites, 2 Clubs, and 9 Concession Stands.
Why Should I Apply?
- Gain valuable industry experience working with leaders in the hospitality field
- Flexible scheduling options that are accommodating to the student's school schedule
- Professional development
- Mentoring from a Sodexo Live! Manager
The Intern - Operations is responsible for creating unique dining experiences by actively supervising and participating in execution of catered and quick serve functions. Working closely with culinary and operations staff, they are responsible for ensuring that events are executed smoothly and in accordance with client specifications. They will work with the Operations managers to ensure Sodexo Live!'s overall standards for accuracy, efficiency, quality and financial performance are met.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to catering and quick serve events.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of business; ensures all aspects of operations and events are completed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Current college student with studies in hospitality/food management, communications, human resources, accounting, marketing or another industry-related college program.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Keen ability to connect easily with others and create positive positioning within a particular context or subject matter.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.