- Covington, KY, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Kitchen Worker
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking a Kitchen Worker for the Northern Kentucky Convention Center located in Covington, KY.
The Northern Kentucky Convention Center is in Covington, Kentucky along the banks of the Ohio River. It is situated at the heart of a rapidly expanding business and entertainment district just across a picturesque 19th Century suspension bridge from downtown Cincinnati.
This 204,000-total square foot multi-purpose facility has 110,000 sq. ft. of meeting, exhibition, and social function space. The center is designed to make it as convenient and efficient as possible for meeting, conference, and exhibition planners, and is directly connected to the Marriott at RiverCenter.
The Kitchen Worker is an entry-level, general kitchen utility position, responsible for performing a variety of duties related to culinary operations, including preparation of hot and cold food items, preparation of and replenishment of dishes for buffet presentation, stocking of kitchen supplies and tasks related to the maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen areas.
The Kitchen Worker will follow all Sodexo Live! culinary standards to ensure that food product is of the highest quality in taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues.
- Prepare ingredients for inclusion in daily menu offerings.
- Perform tasks outside of food preparation to support culinary operations.
- Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to follow written and oral direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently.
- Culinary degree from an accredited college or university.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.