- DeKalb, IL, USA
- Full Time & Part Time
Job Listing: Accounting Clerk
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking an Accounting Clerk for the Northern Illinois University located in Dekalb, Illinois.
Northern Illinois University's Convocation Center is a 10,000-seat multi-purpose arena, at 1525 W Lincoln Hwy, in DeKalb, Illinois, USA. The arena opened in 2002. This position will oversee multiple athletic venues including football, basketball and soccer with a focus on football and convocation center.
The Accounting Clerk is an entry level accounting position which requires strong numbers orientation, problem-solving skills, research skills, computer skills and attention to detail.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing accounting support to the Accounting Manager or other management personnel within the business unit. He or she will perform basic accounting tasks such as keying daily worksheets into the general ledger system, ensuring files are complete and maintained, handling accounts receivable or payable duties, and other functions to generally support the department.
This position may be found in a variety of Sodexo Live! business environments of varying size and volume, to include convention centers, sporting or events arenas or other entertainment-related venues. The Accounting Clerk will typically work as part of a larger accounting team.
- Support the Accounting function and maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through performance of varied accounting tasks and duties.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of the business unit by inputting and processing accounting related data to maximize revenues and profits.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- High school diploma, some college and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- Six months of previous experience or exposure to accounting principles and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, exercising appropriate skills for effective judgment, creative problem solving and taking initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to deliver and interpret information across various sources.
- Exceptional ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Numbers orientation, with ability to accurately compute various mathematical equations.
- Exceptional computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- College degree in Business, Accounting or a related field of study.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of the finance area.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to work in extremes of cold and heat.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.