- 25-Oct-2021 to 31-Dec-2021 (EST)
- Spartanburg, SC, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Environmental Staff Professional
Requisition Number: 2021-2420-08
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME encourages its employee owners to "lead from where they are," which is an S&ME core value. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, building growing relationships, and adding value to challenging projects. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time, Environmental Staff Professional to join our team in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
The individual will be responsible for the performance of environmental projects including office-based and field activities. Field activities include: conducting site inspections and assessments; overseeing soil boring and monitor well installations; collecting groundwater, soil, and surface water samples for laboratory analyses; and assisting other staff with groundwater investigations. Office-based tasks will include: preparation of reports and data tables; graphical presentation of data; and comparison of soil and groundwater data to State regulatory standards. A portion of the individual's time will be spent in the field in all weather conditions and can be physically demanding.
Qualified candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic, and possess the ability to work as a team player. The successful candidate must be able to follow instructions from supervisors and will be expected to work with minimal direction after completing initial training. Periodic travel outside of Spartanburg may be necessary on a project by project basis.
- BS (MS Preferred) in Environmental or Geological Engineering or Geological Sciences required.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or Geologist in Training (GIT) (or on track to obtain) required;
- 0 - 2 years of experience working on or coursework related to environmental/engineering in some of the following practice areas:
- environmental assessment methods
- due diligence processes
- regulatory permitting
- environmental compliance
- natural resources
- industrial hygiene & hazardous building materials
- OSHA 1910.120 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong work ethic and possess the ability to work as a team player;
- Personable and able to communicate with people at all levels;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge and ability to use ArcView and AutoCAD preferred;
- Must be a self-starter, resourceful, with the ability to work independently on multiple projects.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor