- 19-Oct-2021 to 31-Dec-2021 (EST)
- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Group Leader-Project Manager
Requisition Number: 2021-2710-11
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a Group Leader-Project Manager to join our Energy + Environment team in Knoxville, Tennessee.
The successful candidate will support a wide range of civil, geotechnical, construction testing and environmental projects for Energy, Industrial and Government clients including dams, pipelines, transmission, nuclear, landfills, and stormwater management projects. Group Leader will manage and provide administrative support for engineers, geologists and support personnel within our Energy + Environment Business Unit.
Qualified candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic and possess the ability to work as a team player. The successful candidate must be able to work with minimal direction after completing initial training. Periodic travel will be required. The position will include but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Meet with client to discuss their objectives and requirements;
- Prepare SOQ, proposals and develop scope of work consistent with project objectives;
- Assist in business development to grow business;
- Maintain effective communication with client;
- Be knowledgeable of scope, schedule, and budget for all services performed on the project;
- Provide project management on large and multi-discipline projects;
- Provide technical support and mentor staff;
- Promote and enhance work product quality;
- Cross-sell to clients, including all services and locations;
- Maintain and/or grow revenue with select key clients; and
- Understand client's safety requirements and communicates them to all working on client's projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field;
- Master's degree preferred;
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or related profession in Tennessee or ability to obtain licenses;
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Civil Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years in Project Management experience;
- Working knowledge of the energy market segment;
- Proven track record of career progression;
- Geotechnical, construction testing and civil design experience preferred;
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills with peers and clients;
- Ability to manage multiple team members on large projects;
- Working knowledge of primary Project Management processes and principles, technical aspects of project, safety, quality, scope, schedule, cost, personnel, communications, risk and procurement management;
- Team player who creates a positive environment; and
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and is quality driven.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor