- 23-Sep-2021 to 30-Nov-2021 (EST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Construction Materials Testing Technician
Requisition Number: 2021-2320-29
S&ME recruits top talent and is currently seeking a Construction Materials Testing Technician to join our team in Huntsville, Alabama. We are offering a $1500 sign-on bonus.
Who you are?
- You are looking for an opportunity that provides reliable hours, great pay, and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance, disability, paid time off, 401k and company stock options.
- You want a challenging career with the potential of working on high profile and exciting projects.
- You are an independent worker who likes being outdoors and working with both your hands and your head.
- You value safety and believe in quality work.
- You have 2+ years of experience in construction testing/inspection of soil, concrete, masonry, and/or asphalt materials.
- You are interested in learning more and obtaining new certifications which is rewarded through a credential incentive program.
- You have a high school diploma or GED.
- You can lift 50 pounds.
Who are we?
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities.
What is the job?
- Reviewing plans and specifications in preparation of field observations on construction sites.
- Documenting field activities, observations, and testing results on projects.
- Field testing of soil, concrete, asphalt, aggregate, and masonry mortar/ grout for compliance with ASTM, AASHTO, DOT, and/or project specifications.
- Daily use of Metafield®, and/or other field and laboratory information management system.
- Calibrating field and laboratory equipment to industry codes and standards.
- Communicating with management staff, general contractors, and clients.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor