- 16-Sep-2021 to 31-Jan-2022 (EST)
- Greenville, SC, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Geotechnical Staff Professional (EIT)
Requisition Number: 2021-2150-04
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can flourish as an individual and as part of a growing, engaged team? S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Geotechnical Staff Professional to join our team in Greenville, South Carolina.
Why work at S&ME?
- We are an employee-owned engineering firm, which means the hard work and dedication you provide everyday directly contributes to the health and performance of a company you are part-owner of.
- Our purpose is "helping you prosper", and this applies to our employees as well as our clients and communities.
- We serve diverse markets that include transportation, energy, water/wastewater, commercial development, industry, healthcare, education, and government.
- Our core values are not some slogan stolen from a motivational poster, but drive to the heart of who we are and what we do each day. They include: Listen First, Work and Grow Together, Do the Right Things and Do Things Right, Do What You Say, Lead from Where You Are, and Be Safe.
Sound like a place you could thrive? Then read on. This position provides the opportunity for working outdoors on sites both within the Greenville and Spartanburg areas, as well as other Upstate areas. This position provides a good balance of office and field engineering experience.
- Coordination of field explorations, field logging of soil and rock samples, performing engineering calculations/design.
- Preparation of proposals and reports.
- Project and client support.
- Position will work under the supervision of multiple Licensed Professional Engineers.
- This position will require some travel and could require overnight stays on occasion.
- Qualified candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and possess the ability to work as a team player.
- BS required/MS preferred in Civil, Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- E.I.T. certification preferred.
- 0-2 years of professional experience.
- Basic working knowledge of construction plans and specifications.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and some AutoCAD with the ability to learn commercial software applications.
- Experience with geotechnical software applications is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Occasional overnight, out-of-town travel, and the ability to work outside normal business hours when needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Routine lifting: 40 to 50 lbs.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls, or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor