- 14-Sep-2021 to 30-Nov-2021 (EST)
- 2110-NEW ALBANY
- New Albany, IN, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Geotechnical Project Engineer/Project Manager
Requisition Number: 2021-2110-08
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Geotechnical Project Engineer/Project Manager to join our Indiana group in New Albany or Indianapolis, Indiana.
Position responsibilities include performance and/or management of geotechnical engineering services which typically include geotechnical explorations involving soil, rock, and groundwater conditions throughout Indiana and surrounding states, geotechnical design services which may include subsurface explorations, slope stability evaluation, retaining wall design, pile load testing, forensic evaluations, etc. Specific duties may include development and coordination of field explorations, logging of soil and rock samples, performing engineering calculations, preparation of proposals and reports, project management, invoicing and budget tracking, client and business development, and support co-workers in similar tasks.
- BS in Civil or Geological Engineering required, MS with concentration in Geotechnical Engineering preferred;
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Indiana or ability to obtain Indiana PE license within 6 months;
- 5+ years of experience in Geotechnical Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and related experience preferred;
- Ability to execute technical aspects of a wide range of projects including transportation, power, heavy industrial, commercial, and retail projects;
- 1-3 years of proven work experience as a project manager; monitoring project scope, schedule, and budget, communicating with clients, oversight of project execution, invoicing, budget tracking, and change order/modification requests;
- Communicate, implement, and adhere to and monitor all S&ME and client safety requirements. Proactively support safety on all projects;
- Demonstrate positive leadership and management with a good understanding of client development, business development, business metrics, safety policies/procedures, human resources policies/procedures, risk management concepts, and other applicable project management procedures.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy, and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls, or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor