- 20-Aug-2021 to 31-Dec-2021 (EST)
- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Civil Site Engineer
Requisition Number: 2021-3510-10
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a Civil / Site Engineer to join our team in Knoxville, Tennessee.
The design team is responsible for the production and management of a variety of private and public sector projects, including site development, transportation, and municipal & public works projects. This position in particular will be within our growing Civil Site Development Group that focuses on site development projects ranging from Urban Mixed-use, General Commercial, Hospitality Facilities, Industrial Developments, Residential Communities, Utility Infrastructure, Community Parks and more. The position can include a career track into Project Management.
- Work under the direction of a Project Manager, along with a full design team, on a wide range of design projects including site development, transportation, and municipal & public works projects;
- Development of conceptual design, engineering analysis of design alternatives, drawing / detail preparations, construction cost estimating, specification preparation, construction site inspections, and report preparation;
- Communication with internal and external clients;
- Preparation of grading plans, master stormwater design, and master utility systems design;
- Perform permitting assistance and coordination efforts.
- A bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited program, required;
- Professional Engineer registration in Tennessee is a plus;
- Four (4) to eight (8) years of progressive experience in civil engineering design projects including site/land development and utilities;
- Knowledge of Tennessee regulatory processes is a plus;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3D design software is required;
- Proficiency with developing grading plans, stormwater design (and modeling software), utility design, and permitting is required;
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Candidate will have good communication skills, including written, oral and listening, and good interpersonal skills as well as ability to work and interface well in a collaborative project team environment;
- Ability to lead from where you are and to interact positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor