- 20-Aug-2021 to 31-Dec-2021 (EST)
- Huntington, WV, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: CEI Bridge/Roadway Inspector
Requisition Number: 2021-2630-02
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time CEI Bridge/Roadway Inspector to join our team in Huntington, West Virginia.
- Perform technical duties associated with the oversight, administration and inspection of transportation projects, including roadway, bridge, rail, pedestrian, port, and /or aviation, to determine contractor's compliance with the contract, plans and specifications;
- Observe and inspect various contractor's operations to include clearing and grubbing, earthmoving, paving, concrete pavement, bridge construction, pipe installation, traffic control, pavement marking, etc.;
- Work is subject to review by higher-level technical and professional staff;
- Materials sampling and testing;
- Prepare material reports and daily diaries;
- Perform a variety of calculations, computations and documentation associated with the project inspection and material testing;
- Inspect erosion control devices for plan and permit compliance;
- Verify line and grade with survey equipment;
- Prepare field books for contractor payment documentation;
- Attend meetings and interact with third party construction personnel;
- Perform DBE and EEO compliance surveys.
CEI Inspectors are subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions and to various types of weather and field conditions, including heights, uneven terrain, highway traffic, hazards of highway construction sites and heavy equipment. CEI Inspectors may work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays.
Pay rate is based on level of experience. Additional incentives are available for existing applicable certifications.
- High school diploma/GED required and 4+ years of highway related construction or inspection experience; or a 2-year technical degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Surveying Technology or higher with 2+ years of highway related construction or experience; or Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or Construction Engineering Technology Degree.
- WV TRET and Material testing Certifications as required by WV DOH;
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Certification, or other materials certifications preferred;
- Lab experience and material testing certifications preferred;
- Ability to lift between 40-50 lbs.;
- Math and technical writing skills.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor