- 09-Jul-2021 to 30-Sep-2021 (EST)
- Charleston, SC, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: South Carolina CEI Group Leader - Project Manager
Requisition Number: 2021-2610-20
S&ME, Inc., is a multi-discipline firm which provides construction engineering & inspection, planning, environmental, and design services for traditional and alternative delivery transportation projects. The Transportation Business Unit, within S&ME, is seeking a full-time South Carolina CEI Group Leader to assist in building a nationally recognized construction engineering and inspection (CE&I) program and provide CE&I services to transportation clients, including Highway/Bridge, Rail, Aviation, Port and Pedestrian modes. The successful candidate will be a team-oriented leader with expertise in construction management as the project lead on major construction projects, have a desire to participate in regionally and nationally significant projects, provide exemplary client relations and demonstrate extraordinary responsiveness to transportation clients within a personally and professionally fulfilling work environment. This individual will be skilled in project development, seeking project opportunities, recruiting of project personnel and managing transportation projects.
- Oversight of CE&I staff, including coordination and scheduling of work;
- Recruiting, mentoring, and training field inspection staff;
- Marketing and business development of transportation projects;
- Cross-sell and support the team in cross-selling of other S&ME services in support of the overall firm and the client's best interest;
- Administer project budget that includes BST project setup, track project expenses against proposed budget, track project status, and communicate with client if/when change orders are needed;
- Verify that invoices are prepared and submitted in accordance with client's requirements;
- Maintain effective communication with client. Be knowledgeable of scope, schedule, and budget for all services performed on the project. Ask for client's feedback and continue to develop the relationship by learning more about their needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management;
- Licensed Professional Engineer in good standing with capability of achieving SC PE License within 90 days of hire;
- CCM, preferred;
- Will be based in or within close proximity to South Carolina;
- 15+ years of experience in Construction Management/Services on civil/transportation projects;
- 5 8 years' experience in supervisory or management capacity;
- Experience managing construction services for DOT's, rail and transit agencies, airports and/or toll authorities;
- Experience in developing client relationships, proposals, and work opportunities.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor