- 06-Jul-2021 to 30-Sep-2021 (EST)
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Part Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: GIS Analyst (Part-Time)
Requisition Number: 2021-2730-11
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a part-time GIS Analyst to join our Energy and Environment team in our new office space within Ayrsley Town Center (www.ayrsley.com) in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Every day our team of 1100+ employee owners (scientist, geologists, technicians, and engineers) with over 100+ in Charlotte, safely provide our clients with superior results to achieve their project goals. We go the extra mile- together!
The best candidates have a strong understanding in geographic information systems, mapping, computer operations and technology, and web development through equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrating a desire to be on top of industry trends and technology developments to help design and develop a variety deliverables and websites that meet the needs of our Energy, Industrial and Government clients. Qualified candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic and possess the ability to work as a team player.
- BS in Geography or Environmental Science
- 5+ years of experience in Geographic Information System (GIS);
- Environmental permitting experience a plus;
- Excellent computer skills and well-organized;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to organize and handle multiple project tasks;
- Must be creative, energetic and a team player.
- Pro-active and forward thinking;
- Ability to problem solve with team members and stakeholders; and
- Conveys thoughts, ideas, recommendations and technical information in a clear/concise manner.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office;
- Excellent knowledge of ESRI's ArcGIS software;
- Strong understanding of typical GIS best practices and theory;
- Experience in AutoCAD software a plus;
- Trimble Business Center (or equivalent survey data processing software) a plus;
- Working knowledge of GPS equipment;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD); and
- Working knowledge of Google Earth Web;
This is a part-time position (10-15 hours per week) with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor