- 06-Jul-2021 to 30-Sep-2021 (EST)
- Columbia, SC, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Pavement Evaluation Technician
Requisition Number: 2021-2620-04
S&ME, Inc., provides construction inspection services, planning, environmental, and design, for traditional and alternative delivery transportation projects, from concept through construction. The Transportation Business Unit is seeking a full-time -time Pavement Testing Technician to be based out of our Charlotte, North Carolina or Columbia, South Carolina location. Starting pay for this position is $25 - $33 / hr.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Schedule and conduct pavement testing to meet overall project schedules;
- Utilize specialized high-level technology equipment with integrated electronics systems and complex computer software to collect roadway, bridge or runway/taxiway pavement data;
- Driver/operator of pavement testing equipment to collect pavement data to include inspection, calibration, maintenance and routine repairs of such equipment;
- Manage pavement data from collection, analysis, storage and reporting;
- Review of civil, architectural, and structural plans and specifications in preparation of field observations;
- Documentation of field activities, observations, and testing results and their conformance with (or deviation from) project plans and specifications;
- Communication of field and laboratory testing results with Project Management staff, general contractors, and clients;
- Calibration of equipment to industry codes and standards;
- Conduct pavement evaluation surveys, as needed.
- High school diploma/GED required and 4+ years of pavement testing related construction, inspection, or surveying experience, or a 2-year technical degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Surveying Technology or higher with 2+ years of highway related construction, inspection, or surveying experience;
- 5+ years' experience with pavement testing equipment preferred;
- Asphalt coring experience preferred;
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record required;
- Mechanical inclination with the ability to inspect, calibrate, maintain and preform routine repairs of pavement testing equipment;
- Experience using Global Position Systems (GPS);
- Ability to run and operate technical computer software related to pavement testing;
- Ability to understand and read construction plans, aerial photos, field survey notes, engineering plans/sketches;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. required; frequent standing for long periods and walking distances;
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate); to include some nighttime operations;
- Ability to work and maneuver pavement testing equipment (such as a towed trailer) in traffic to include urban/rural travel and parking;
- Willingness to travel out-of-town on a routine basis for short duration assignments.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor