- 02-Jul-2021 to 01-Oct-2021 (EST)
- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Benefits Specialist
Requisition Number: 2021-2950-02
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, building growing relationships, and taking on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Benefits Specialist to join our Corporate team in Knoxville, Tennessee.
The Benefits Specialist position is responsible for the day-to-day administration of all group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, life insurance, travel and accident plan, FSA, HRA, HSA and 401(k) plan. This person will provide excellent customer service to internal customers and serve as a liaison between the employee and the benefit plan provider.
Benefits Specialist Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary contact between employees, benefit plan providers and third-party administrators; coordinate benefit data processing to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration; evaluate and revise internal processes to increase efficiency; ensure compliance with applicable government regulations; ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees;
- Coordinate daily benefits processing; handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, accident and death claims and compliance testing; oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and work closely with payroll & HRIS department for records accuracy;
- Serve as a liaison between the employee and the benefit carrier to appeal inaccurate insurance claim processing;
- Prepare data complete forms as required by State and/or Federal agencies or guidelines such as employee benefits garnishments, audits, ACA, 5500 and other non-discrimination testing as required by law or plan design;
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers; develop communication tools to enhance the understanding of the company's benefits package;
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs; resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives;
- Perform audits to ensure accuracy of plan administration; run standard and create ad-hoc reports for audits and/or analysis to support benefit compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or Human Resources Management or equivalent experience (4+ years) in benefits administration;
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) or Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation a plus;
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, Section 125 and Department of Labor requirements;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable in 1:1 and large group presentation and training situations;
- Experience in identifying obstacles and creating solutions to moderately complex situations;
- Experience with Workday preferred.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor