- 01-Jul-2021 to 31-Oct-2021 (EST)
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Senior Civil Designer
Requisition Number: 2021-2640-14
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Senior Civil Designer to join our team in Tampa, Florida.
The qualified individual will possess a strong understanding of drafting associated with the civil engineering design work process. The position will include exposure to storm water management, erosion and sedimentation control design, minor roadway design, utility routing, plan and construction document preparation, production of civil detail drawings/schematics, and site grading and drainage designs.
- Perform CAD drafting of engineering designs and preparation of final engineering plans;
- Serve as the resident CAD expert for the Area with the ability to provide training and guidance to employees and CAD users;
- Manage the production process to include research, and completing the technical design tasks to result in high quality deliverables to internal and external clients;
- Assist in preparing construction documents for public and/or private public works infrastructure projects (i.e., street, highway, drainage, water, and sanitary sewer improvements) from conceptual design to final design, under the direction and supervision of a professional engineer;
- Establish good communication and working relationships with team members and clients.
- Associate's degree in CADD or related required;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience with AutoCAD in civil engineering field with a demonstrated proficiency in the layout, drafting and design with engineers' oversight of site and roadway, paving, grading, drainage, water and/or sanitary sewer improvements;
- Preliminary Site Layout Design experience preferred;
- Proficiency in ArcGIS required;
- AutoCAD 2016 or later experience required;
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience preferred;
- Self-motivated, positive attitude committed to professional development/continuing education;
- Responsive and results-oriented individual that is willing to learn;
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members;
- Demonstrated ability to schedule work to meet deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong personal organization and time management skills;
- Problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Interact positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations;
- Must have fundamental working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor