- 25-May-2021 to 31-Oct-2021 (EST)
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: NCDOT (CEI) Certified Aggregate Sampler
Requisition Number: 2021-2610-16
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a NCDOT (CEI) Certified Aggregate Sampler to join our team in North Carolina.
- Primary duty will be performing GC/QA Sampling as a CEI Technician for NCDOT and will require NCDOT QC/QA Aggregate Sampling and QC/QA Testing Technician certifications;
- Review and share gradation sampling data with QC technicians to determine issues of concern;
- Review NCDOT QAP data and report errors that maybe include mislabeled samples, incorrect dates, missing samples, etc. to the Aggregate QC/QA Specialist;
- Collection of QC check samples split by QC technicians after out of spec results with results shared with Aggregate QC/QA Specialist;
- Perform additional technical duties associated with the oversight, administration, and inspection of transportation projects, that could include roadway, bridge, rail, pedestrian, port, and /or aviation, to determine contractor's compliance with the contract, plans and specifications;
- Work is subject to review by higher-level technical and professional staff.
NCDOT (CEI) Certified Aggregate Samplers are subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions and to various types of weather and field conditions, including heights, uneven terrain, highway traffic, hazards of highway construction sites and heavy equipment, and may travel/work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays.
Pay rate is based on level of experience. Additional incentives are available for existing applicable certifications.
- High school diploma/GED required and 4+ years of highway-related construction or inspection experience, or a 2-year technical degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Surveying Technology or higher with 2+ years of highway-related construction or experience;
- Ability to supervise a crew and/or a separate program function of moderate complexity;
- Ability to operate a computer/laptop/electronic device for the preparation of electronic files;
- Two or more DOT-based certifications required with the preference of two of those being NCDOT QC/QA Aggregate Sampling and QC/QA Testing Technician;
- Experience with NCDOT HiCAMS and QAP systems preferred;
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Certification, or other materials certifications preferred;
- Ability to lift between 40-50 lbs.;
- Math and technical writing skills.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor