- 12-May-2021 to 31-Oct-2021 (EST)
- Florence, SC, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Industrial-Process Engineer
Requisition Number: 2021-2440-06
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking an Industrial-Process Engineer to join our team.
S&ME is looking for an engineering professional to help expand and grow our environmental, health, and safety services primarily in the area of combustible dust. This professional will perform and manage complex combustible dust projects as well as other environmental, health and safety projects. The successful candidate will support existing clients and help develop new clients across S&ME's footprint and nationwide.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success as an engineer in an industrial setting and in assessing combustible dust hazards. The candidate should have experience in developing programs and practices to improve reliability of processes and mitigating personnel and equipment hazards. The successful candidate will share an exciting and rewarding opportunity to enhance, grow, and enjoy a career in an established professional practice with a well-respected, employee-owned, engineering and environmental services firm.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Experience with combustible dust hazard analysis, Process Safety Management, and ISO 14001
- BS in engineering (industrial, mechanical, electrical, or process disciplines);
- 7+ years of relevant experience;
- Professional registration preferred;
- Environmental Management Systems considered a plus;
- Experience with industrial processing equipment (i.e. conveyor systems, bucket elevators, automation controls, hazard classifications for electrical installations);
- Experience developing technical and fee proposals to generate work;
- Experience in preparation of technical deliverables;
- Proven track record of project management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and integrity;
- Commitment to deadlines, budgets and teamwork with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor