- 04-May-2021 to 31-Oct-2021 (EST)
- Lexington, KY, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Construction Services Laboratory Technician
Requisition Number: 2021-2310-22
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Laboratory Technician to join our team in Lexington, Kentucky. This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Review of project specific plans and specifications in preparation of laboratory testing and field observations on construction sites;
- Performance of laboratory testing for compliance with ASTM, AASHTO, DOT, and/or project specifications;
- Field testing and reporting on construction projects of soil, concrete, asphalt, aggregate, and masonry mortar/grout. NOTE: While the primary responsibilities of this position are performed in the laboratory, testing and observations on construction projects may be required, based on workload and project needs;
- Daily use of Metafield, and/or other field and laboratory information management systems, for recording of testing results;
- Communication of field and laboratory testing results with Construction Services Project Management staff, contractors, and clients;
- Calibration of field and laboratory equipment to industry codes and standards;
- High school diploma or GED, required;
- Experience with construction materials testing preferred;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
- Math skills and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required;
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment), required;
- An understanding of professionalism and tact, relative to interaction with all members of the design and construction team, including (but not limited to) co-workers, site laborers, project owners, site superintendents, architects, design engineers, and project managers;
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
- Ability to work and maneuver equipment (such as a loaded wheelbarrow) on uneven ground and around active construction sites.
One or More Active Certification(s) Preferred:
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Field Testing Grade I; Strength Testing Technician; Laboratory Technician; Aggregate Testing.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor