- 16-Apr-2021 to 30-Sep-2021 (EST)
- Columbia, SC, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Field Services Manager
Requisition Number: 2021-2330-12
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Construction Materials Field Services Manager to join our Construction Services team in Columbia, South Carolina.
As a Construction Materials Field Services Manager, this individual will manage the day-to-day activities of a team of technical field and laboratory-based construction materials testing technicians, inspectors, and professionals.
- Provide supervision and oversight to technical field staff in the performance of testing and inspection services;
- Routinely visit project sites to support and engage field staff;
- Coordinate and schedule work with clients and contractors, to meet client service, technical, and quality requirements;
- Provide frequent and consistent monitoring and progress of current and upcoming projects;
- Coordinate with marketing team and other internal operations staff on requests for proposals, prequalifications, and proposal preparations;
- Maintain project schedule status and communicate with Clients, as well as with the Operations Manager, Project Managers, and Project Administrators on project updates;
- Provide ongoing assessment of field staff based on backlog and skillset, and ensure efficient field staff assignments for utilization and multiplier goals;
- Oversee field staff training and support certification and credentialling opportunities for technical and professional development;
- Conduct annual field and laboratory staff performance reviews;
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and onboarding of technical field staff;
- Manage location's related equipment, supplies, and fleet;
- Assist with project billing and AR;
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines;
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager, Project Managers and Corporate Safety and Human Resources to develop, implement and maintain best practices and consistently apply and enforce standardized process and procedures;
- Cross-sell and support their team in cross-selling of other S&ME services in support of the overall firm and the client's best interest;
- Display conduct that portrays a positive company brand with name recognition in their field of work and for the company;
- Manage and maintain a state Radiological license (nuclear density gauges).
- Manage aspects of the AASHTO Quality System, as assigned by the Operations Manager;
- Assist with lab and field work as needed.
The successful candidate will be a team-oriented leader with experience in a construction related field, have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, provide exemplary client relations and demonstrate extraordinary responsiveness to clients within a personally and professionally fulfilling work environment.
- High School diploma or GED required;
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a related field, or 2 years of experience with a Bachelor of Science degree;
- Experience in a supervisory or management capacity preferred;
- The ability to handle multiple projects and/or internal duties simultaneously;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment), required;
- An understanding of professionalism and tact, relative to interaction with all members of the design and construction team, including (but not limited to) site laborers, project owners, site superintendents, architects, design engineers, and project managers.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor