- 14-Apr-2021 to 31-Dec-2021 (EST)
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Construction Testing Technician - Future Opportunities
Requisition Number: 2021-2300-00
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, building growing relationships, and taking on increasingly complex project opportunities.
- Do you like working outside?
- Are you interested in working in construction, but don't want to work as a contractor?
- Do you want to work independently, but with plenty of support?
- Do you want to progress and learn new things instead of just clocking in and out?
- Do you want to find a place in the engineering world, but don't have an engineering degree?
If so, keep reading!
We recruit top talent and are seeking full-time entry-level and experienced Construction Materials Testing / Engineering Technicians to join our team in many locations. The individual will be responsible for the following:
- Review of civil, architectural, and structural plans and specifications in preparation of field observations on construction sites;
- Documentation of field activities, observations, and testing results on construction projects, and their conformance with (or deviation from) project plans and specifications;
- Field testing of soil, concrete, asphalt, aggregate, and masonry mortar/grout for compliance with ASTM, AASHTO, DOT, and/or project specifications;
- Daily use of Metafield, (electronic reporting) and/or other field and laboratory information management systems, for recording of testing results;
- Communication of field and laboratory testing results with Construction Services and Geotechnical Project Management staff, general contractors, and clients;
- Calibration of field and laboratory equipment to industry codes and standards.
Applying via this link will enable your resume to be viewed and considered for positions in your location(s) of interest based on your experience level.
At S&ME, it doesn't have to be just a job, it can be the beginning of a long and successful career. You will work as a part of an experienced team on exciting and complex projects. We offer training (both on-the-job and classroom) to support and encourage staff in obtaining certifications in the fields of aggregate, asphalt, soil, reinforced concrete and masonry. We also have a Credential Incentive Program that rewards obtaining those certifications throughout the employee's career.
Pay rate is based on level of experience and active certifications.
- High school diploma/GED required;
- Experience in construction testing/inspections of soil, concrete, masonry, and/or asphalt materials preferred but not required;
- ACI, ICC, or DOT (or equivalent) certifications preferred, but not required;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing) using the English language, required;
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment), required;
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
- Ability to work and maneuver equipment (such as a loaded wheelbarrow) on uneven ground and around active construction sites;
- Willingness to travel out-of-town (typically overnight) for short duration assignments.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor