- 22-Mar-2021 to 31-Oct-2021 (EST)
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Civil Land Development (E.I.T)
Requisition Number: 2021-2640-05
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a Civil / Land Development (EIT) to join our team in Tampa, Florida.
The design team is responsible for the production and management of a variety of projects, including private and municipal site development, transportation, and public works projects. This position will be within our growing Civil Engineering Group that focuses on site development projects ranging from Urban Mixed-use, Hospitality Facilities, General Commercial, Industrial, and Residential Communities, along with public infrastructure projects such as roadway, streetscape, parks, stormwater, and water/wastewater utilities.
- Work under the direction of a Project Engineer and/or Project Manager, along with a full design team, on a range of projects;
- Development of conceptual design, engineering analysis of design alternatives, drawing / detail preparations, construction cost estimating, specification preparation, construction site inspections, and report preparation;
- Communication with internal and external clients;
- Preparation of site plan layout, geometric layout, grading, stormwater design, environmental compliance (NPDES, etc.), roadway design, and utility systems design;
- Perform permitting and entitlements task with coordination efforts between multiple disciplines.
- A bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required;
- A passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.) exam is preferred;
- 2 years experience in civil engineering design (including site/land development, roadway, or utilities) is required;
- Previous exposure to AutoCAD and Civil3D is required;
- Previous exposure to modeling programs (specifically stormwater, utilities, or other) is preferred;
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Candidate should have strong communication skills, including written, oral, and listening, along with good interpersonal skills as well as ability to work and interface well in a collaborative project team environment;
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor