- 05-Mar-2021 to 31-Oct-2021 (EST)
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Natural Resources Senior Project Manager
Requisition Number: 2021-2410-06
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time senior level Natural Resources professional with a proven track record of managing projects in the Wetland/Ecological and NEPA Sector in Chattanooga, Tennessee. This position requires relocation to Chattanooga.
Professional experiences should include, but not limited to: having demonstrated knowledge in various aspects of environmental permitting and compliance; performance of Environmental Assessments (EAs) and Environmental Impact Studies (EIS) as associated with NEPA projects; wetland delineation, soil identification, ecological and endangered species assessments, and management of plan development for a variety of market sectors to include industrial, transportation, energy, and land development. The ideal candidate will have existing key business relations in the industrial, land development, as well as have demonstrated experience in developing work in these areas.
- Bring added technical expertise to the company and be known as an industry leader in providing wetland and ecological consulting services;
- Identify and develop strategic plans for each market sector and build on to or add internal teams of expertise;
- Establish and develop strategic long-term relationships with current clients, new clients and prospective teaming partners;
- Knowledge of the transportation and infrastructure requirements in Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama with the capability to influence business decisions and position the company for added revenues in the area of environmental and natural resources;
- Keep informed of overall business trends within the environmental market, including local, regional, national and international;
- Identify potential clients for key target environmental initiatives and develops strategies to grow those initiatives;
- Manage and facilitate significant proposal efforts;
- Mentor internal resources in their day-to-day work of data collection and reduction; design; and technical report writing;
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Biological or Environmental Sciences from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum 15 years' experience in the environmental field;
- Professional Registration preferred, if applicable;
- Tennessee Qualified Hydrologic Professional (TN QHP) required;
- Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) certification preferred;
- 4+ years' experience in a senior or lead role managing projects;
- Demonstrated experience in completing and under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for energy and /or transportation market sectors;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for client contact and technical report review;
- Ability to organize and manage multiple project assignments;
- Capability to manage and mentor other junior level engineers and scientists in the development of projects.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor