- 17-Nov-2020 to 30-Sep-2021 (EST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Licensed Land Surveyor
Requisition Number: 2020-3550-08
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a Licensed Land Surveyor to join our Survey team in Huntsville, Alabama.
The survey team is responsible for the production and management of a variety of public & private sector projects, including ALTA surveys, boundary surveys, topographic surveys, hydrographic surveys, aerial imagery, construction layout transportation, and municipal & public works projects.
- Work under the direction of a Survey Manager/Group Leader, along with a full survey team;
- Development of boundary solutions, legal document analysis and interpretation, application of proven survey principals in survey product preparations, construction layout, control surveys, environmental mapping, GPS/GIS surveys, survey project cost estimating and proposal preparation;
- Compute, process, troubleshoot and map field data in an organized manner;
- Perform deed and utility research, run traverse closures, reduce level notes;
- Communication with internal and external clients;
- Preparation of topographic maps, boundary maps, utility corridor maps, aerial imagery processing;
- Assist Survey Manager in developing and growing client base;
- Perform QA/QC on all phases of survey production from field to finish;
- A bachelor's degree in Surveying, Geomatics, Engineering, or a scientific area and/or the equivalent work experience;
- Professional Land Surveyor (L.S) certification in Alabama required;
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Survey projects (including site/land development, and boundary);
- Previous exposure to AutoCAD and specifically Civil3D is preferred;
- Experience with Carlson Survey Software is preferred;
- Experience with Trimble field and office products preferred;
- Familiarity with 3D scanning and LiDAR;
- MicroStation/Geopak familiarity and Endroads, is a plus;
- Microsoft Office experience;
- Previous exposure to topographic modeling programs is preferred;
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Candidates will have good communication skills, including written, oral and listening, and good interpersonal skills as well as ability to work and interface well in a collaborative project team environment;
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations;
- Ability to work extended hours including Saturdays and ability to travel out of town for extended periods of time;
- Stand, walk, use hands, tools, controls, reach with arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as well as lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds.
This is full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidates must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor