- Provo, UT, USA
- Full Time
We offer 100% paid medical, dental and basic life insurance premiums plus many other amazing benefits and perks!
Smarty is a 10+ year company that is self-funded, profitable, growing, and crazy fun! Come grow with us!
We are on the hunt for mid-level software engineers with strong skills in producing and implementing functional software solutions. We will invest in your career development and growth. You will work closely with a small yet stellar team of software engineers to build and integrate our business backend. You'll be at the forefront of innovation in location data intelligence by creating meaningful experiences for customers while learning the answers to life, the universe and everything.
- Have fun! Enjoy the interactions with your co-workers in the organization
- Develop high-quality software
- Serve as technical expert on development projects
- Participate in full development lifecycle including requirement analysis and design
- Develop applications and tools by producing clean and efficient code
- Analyze code to find root cause of errors and revise it if needed
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Participate in company cultural initiatives, training, Arbinger methodologies and apply the learned principles in your work and in your interactions with others
- Proven experience as a software engineer
- Experience in software development and scripting
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge and hands on experience on selected programming languages
- Familiarity with various operating systems and Cloud providers
- Linux, macOS, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Experience with stream processing operations desired; must be able to avoid crossing the streams at all times to avoid bad things from happening
- Analytical mind with problem solving attitude
- Excellent organizational and skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Did we mention having fun? Work hard, master your craft (wizardry), and enjoy the journey
- Boldly going where no SaaS company has gone before
Smarty is a leader in location data intelligence-providing enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for address validation, standardization, and geocoding in 240+ countries and territories. Through easy-to-use website tools, SDKs and fully-documented APIs, Smarty's customers process billions of addresses every day!
And we're having fun!
We believe fun is creating, building, and helping. Fun is collaborating with energy and excitement. Fun is making memories. Fun is not just working, but really living and enjoying our time together. We accomplish this by mastering our respective crafts, being outward toward others, and by doing lots of fun things together. We infuse fun into our everyday work and believe if you aren't having fun, then you're doing it wrong!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we require all candidates (that receive and accept employment offers) to complete a background check.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive compensation (DOE).
- 100% paid health, dental and basic life insurance premiums (includes family coverage).
- Generous PTO benefits that increase with tenure.
- 401k retirement plan with matching.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Ongoing training for professional and career development.
- Great workplace and the tools to accomplish the work.
- Adjustable standing desks.
- Drinks, snacks, team building lunches & activities.
- In office chiropractic services.
- Many other perks, including periodic company retreats and trips to very fun places.
Sounds too good to be true? Apply and find out for yourself.
- Apply at: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/smarty/jobs
- For more information about the company, please visit us at www.smarty.com.