Who We Are
Smarty is a 10+ year company that is self-funded, profitable, growing, and crazy fun! Come grow with us!
We think we are pretty great-but don't just take it from us. Since our founding in 2011, SmartyStreets has become a recognized industry leader in location data intelligence. Don't really know what that is? That's okay. The candid answer is, we provide enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for address validation, geocoding, and data enrichment around the world. If that went right over your head, that's okay too. This is probably still the best job you will ever apply for-we are pretty certain of it.
Who We Are Looking For
Luckily for you, we have immediate openings for Sr. Software Engineers to join our top-notch team! You'll need strong skills in producing and implementing functional software solutions. You will work closely with a small yet stellar team of software engineers to build and integrate our business backend. You'll be at the forefront of innovation in location data intelligence by creating meaningful experiences for customers while learning the answers to life, the universe
What You Need To Get The Job Done
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer.
- Extensive experience in software development and scripting.
- In-depth knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge and hands on experience on selected programming languages.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and Cloud providers.
- Linux, macOS, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with messaging systems.
- RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS.
- Experience with Hexagonal architecture / Ports & Adapters.
- Experience with stream processing operations desired, should be able to avoid crossing the stream.
- Analytical mind with problem solving attitude.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science.
- 7-10 years of software development experience.
- Did we mention having fun? Work hard, master your craft, and enjoy the journey- boldly going where no SaaS company has gone before.
What You'll Do For Us
- Have fun! Enjoy the interactions with your co-workers in the organization.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle including requirement analysis and design.
- Develop applications and tools by producing clean and efficient code.
- Analyze code to find the root cause of errors and revise it if needed.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Participate in company cultural initiatives and training, including Arbinger methodologies, Getting Things Done (GTD), etc., and apply the learned principles in your work and in your interactions with others.
What We'll Do For You
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive compensation (DOE).
- Paid health and dental insurance premiums.
- Generous PTO benefits.
- 401k retirement plan with matching.
- Ongoing training for professional and career development.
- Great workplace and the tools to accomplish the work.
- Drinks, snacks, team building lunches & activities.
- In office chiropractic services.
- Many other perks, including periodic company retreats and trips to very fun places.
Sounds too good to be true? Apply and find out for yourself.
- If you meet these qualifications, please apply at: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/smarty/jobs
- For more information about the company, please visit us at www.smartystreets.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we require all candidates (that receive and accept employment offers) to complete a background check.