Smarty is on the hunt for an experienced full-time or part-time accounting clerk and bookkeeper to work closely with our financial controller. This position requires organization, dependability, and having a good working knowledge of a variety of general accounting functions. For the right candidate, we are willing to accommodate part-time, full-time, or even starting part-time to future full-time. You'll be working with great people while learning the answers to life, the universe and everything.
- Have fun! Enjoy the interactions with our co-workers and customers.
- Assist in transaction entry, reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Help with end of month, end of quarter, and end of year procedures.
- Generate accurate financial reports, including accounting and audit reports for cash receipts, accounts payable and receivable, and expenditures.
- Participate in company cultural initiatives and training, including Arbinger methodologies, Crucial Conversations, Getting Things Done (GTD), etc., and apply the learned principles in your work and in your interactions with others.
- 1-2+ years experience or an Associates or Bachelor's degree in related accounting fields (accounting, business, finance, etc).
- Solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Obsessive level of attention to detail. Yes, "Obsessive!"
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize short-term and long-term projects.
- Exceptional level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Dump QuickBooks in the trash and adapt to a better accounting system.
- Did we mention having fun? Work hard, master your craft, and enjoy the journey-boldly going where no SaaS company has gone before.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks (Some will depend on employment status):
- Competitive compensation (DOE).
- Paid health, dental and basic life insurance premiums.
- Generous PTO benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching.
- Ongoing training for professional and career development.
- Great workplace and the tools to accomplish the work.
- Drinks, snacks, team building lunches & activities.
- In-office chiropractic services.
- Many other perks, including periodic company retreats and trips to very fun places.
- If you meet these qualifications, please apply at: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/smarty/jobs
- For more information about the company, please visit us at https://www.smarty.com.
Since its founding in 2011, Smarty has grown to become a recognized industry leader in location data intelligence. We provide enterprise-grade SaaS solutions for address validation, geocoding, and data enrichment around the world. As we've grown, our culture has been built upon creating, building, helping, and collaborating with energy and excitement. We enjoy our time together by giving appropriate effort and mastering our respective crafts, being outward toward others, and by doing lots of fun things together. If you aren't enjoying yourself, then you're doing it wrong!