- Arkansas City, KS, USA
- Full Time
wellness programs, employee assistance programs, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurace
Warranty Field Service Technician
Skyline/Champion Home builders seeks an experienced Field Service Technician to provide warranty service to our homeowners. We are looking for an honest and reliable technician who will get the job done right the first time! This is a great opportunity for someone who works well on their own and is self-directed. Pay ranges from $16-$22 per hour. The service technician travels to do warranty service on the homes once the home is delivered to the site. Technician must be personable, good with customers, versed in all areas of home building, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, roofing, etc. We support homeowners and retailers throughout Kansas, Oklahoma, and Colorado. We provide vehicle, tools, and uniforms. We cover the cost of the trips including tools, gas, food and hotels.
Skyline Homes is an established home builder with more than 65 years in manufactured housing. We offer medical, dental, vision, disability, paid holidays and other benefits. We value our employees' and their contribution to our team's goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs new parts or repairs problem as per work order.
- Maintain company vehicle, which includes keeping vehicle clean, stocked and serviced regularly.
- Pick up parts from factory as needed.
- Verify parts with orders.
- Complete work orders along with being responsible for returning the work orders to the factory by mail or personal delivery.
- Ability to troubleshoot, reason and solve problems
- Ability to work with tools, interpret instructions
- Ability to work independently and manage scheduling
- Experienced in services all aspects of HUD manufactured Homes is strongly desired.
- Drywall experience
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Understand and comply with work safety and policies and procedures
- Must provide valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must pass a DOT physical, background check and drug screening
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Schedule: Monday through Friday, off weekends; regular overtime is typical for this position.
Travel: up to 90%
Champion Home Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.