Silver Knights Enrichment is the largest provider of after-school chess programs in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC. We have taught chess to more than 100,000 children. We are looking for smart and capable Chess Club Aides that want to make a difference in the lives of elementary school children.
We are looking for an individual who plays chess, wants to work with children (ages 5-11) and is interested in working during "after-school" hours from September through May.
You don't need to be a master chess-player, but of course you can be! You will receive thorough training on how to help children learn chess.
Earn $28 per club meeting (75-90 minute time commitment)
- You have experience or interest in working with elementary-age children. Experience in a classroom setting a plus!
- Have basic knowledge of chess
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be available at least 3 weekdays during the school year from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm
- Have a reliable vehicle for transportation
- Assist instructor with classroom management of students (12-24 students)
- Answer questions about basic rules and strategy of chess (mostly from beginner students)
- Promote good sportsmanship among students
- Help supervise parent pickup
Silver Knights Enrichment is an EEO employer and is a safe and drug-free workplace.