- Houghton Lake, MI, USA
- 18 base pay may increase with experience or skill
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, life, 401k with company match, short/long term disability, legal, Pet, ID Shield
Signature Truck Systems, LLC is a national leader in the manufacture of propane distribution trucks, including bobtail, crane, cylinder, transport and service trucks, as well as servicing and selling parts.
This entry-level position is located in Houghton Lake, Michigan. Sets up and operates power saws to cut, slot, groove, miter, and trim metallic and nonmetallic workpieces according to specifications: Selects and installs blade on machine using hand tools. Sets controls to adjust speed, feed rate, and blade tensions. Positions guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpiece, using hand tools and measuring devices. Scribes reference lines on material as guide for sawing operations, according to blueprints, templates, sample parts, or specifications. Mount workpiece in holding device, manually or using hoist. Verifies dimensions of finished workpiece, using measuring device. Unloads and handles raw material either manually or by using fork truck. Performs fork truck inspections and reports any problems to supervisor. Measures cuts and Installs rumber boards in aluminum beds.
This position is also cross-trained for Fabricator/Welder position to fill in on an as-needed basis. Must be self-motivated and willing to learn/grow with the company and able to work overtime. No Weekends! Competitive pay based upon experience and knowledge. Must pass pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen (including marijuana).
Skills & Experience:
- Shear and press brake experience a plus
- Sheet metal fabrication a plus
- Welding experience helpful
- Must have own general shop tools
- Ability to operate power saws, hand tools, hoist and forklift
- Attention to detail and safety is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to perform mathematical computations
- Strong problem solving and documentation skills
- Physical ability to perform considerable use of arms, legs, moving whole body for climbing, lifting, balance, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Pet, Legal, ID Shield, 401k w/company match, vacation time, paid medical leave, short/long term disability, plus additional supplemental plans through Aflac and Allstate.
Incomplete applications/information will not be considered.