Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for managing projects including preparing design, approvals, preparing cost estimates, coordinating with other departments, performing quality control and assurance, preparing reports and calculations.
- Be able to quickly and efficiently create a model utilizing basic shapes and sound modeling techniques that allow the model to be simply modified and updated as needs require.
- Be able to take physical object, measure it, create a simple 3d model and maintain the critical dimensions/features pertaining to its use at STS.
- Create 3d objects in a way that lends itself to efficient assembly both in Inventor and in real life as much as practical.
- Update properties of each part with, description, category, part number etc.
- Learn to utilize parameters effectively for creating template parts and assemblies.
- Become proficient at assembling components within Inventor this involves:
- Using a minimum number of constraints. Often this involves utilizing planes effectively.
- Keep future uses of the model in mind when creating the assembly-make it easily modifiable/update correctly when components change-where practical.
- Learn to convert and use .STEP files from vendors in assemblies.
- Create drawings utilizing sound cad practices that convey the required information.
- Sound practices involve: Including all necessary dimensions to describe an individual part.
- Dimensioning parts in a way that will maintain their critical requirements.
- Utilize reference dimensions where needed to show technicians needed information. Reference dimensions are enclosed in ( ).
- Required views and notes to show critical assembly requirements.
Bill of Materials:
- Update BOM properties and tables for assemblies with information on ordering, quantities, and pulling the parts for assembly.
- Learn to use Autodesk Vault to store and retrieve all models, assemblies and drawings in the required folders.
- Upload files from local working folder to Vault consistently and clear working files when finished with them.
Communication and Interaction:
- Recognizing that communication, interaction with coworkers and a good attitude is essential to success in this, and any job, the following requirements are listed:
- Treat all those around you in a professional and respectful manner.
- Regularly update your supervisor and key personnel on your progress-bringing necessary issues affecting your project to their attention.
- Display a willing and "Can Do" attitude at all times.
- Perform the work required without complaining.