- Nye, MT, USA
- EXCELLENT Total Compensation Plan including: Short Term & Long Term Incentive Plans
- Full Time
Industry leading benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, and up to an 8% 401k match
Manager - Mine Support
LOCATION: Stillwater Mine - Nye, MT (Greater Billings Area)
Position Purpose and Summary:
The Stillwater Mine Support Manager will be responsible for all support services within the underground mine operations at the Stillwater Mine. Ensuring a safe and environmentally excellent setting for the operations group is paramount. Responsibilities will include budgeting, planning, and enabling the execution of the business plan through effective support services groups. The successful candidate will represent Sibanye Stillwater and its values to all employees; coordinate resources and efforts to compliment other areas in realizing overall site goals.
- Provide leadership to the group(s) in safety, environmental protection, and productive maintenance operations.
- Coach and mentor the General Foreman team and other site leaders in accordance with companies leadership qualities.
- Work with the site senior leadership team in continuing the development of a focused and engaged change culture throughout the organization.
- Establish and execute the three months to two-year planning strategies that support the growth of the operation.
- Develop and execute strategic workforce planning and organizational development.
- Foster cooperation, collaboration, and innovation to ensure that realistic goals are being set and met. Ensure that resource value is being optimized.
- Lead team to ensure maximum Support activities through safely optimizing mine operational systems, planning and procedures.
- Oversees multiple workgroups and takes appropriate action in supporting positive actions as well as professionally addressing inappropriate behaviors.
- Be proactive in all aspects of the operations; safety, environment, effective and efficient utilization of resources, productivity, Business Improvement initiatives as a sponsor, and teamwork across the site.
- Actively support Safety and Health Management and Environmental Systems and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain a productive labor relations environment, minimizing unnecessary conflict.
- Demonstrate positive two-way verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate fair and consistent administration of Company policies and procedures and support General Foreman in dealing with employee concerns.
- Develop and communicate site goals and initiatives in cooperation with other site managers.
- Lead in commitment, accountability, respect, enabling, and safety including character, teamwork, communication, business sense, and vision.
- Strong ability to coach and mentor others, both peers and subordinates.
- Solid understanding and applying of MSHA regulations and compliance.
- Degree in Mine, Civil, Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution or meet these standards through proven experience and skillsets.
- Minimum ten years of relevant leadership experience, with a mix of Mine Development, Production, Support Services, and Projects background. Superintendent experience preferred.
- Proficiency in mine systems, cost management, and productivity enhancement.
- Experience with underground mining methods, narrow vein preferred.
- Experience with rubber tire and rail haulage systems, road maintenance, rail maintenance, backfill systems including fixed plant operations, supply, hoisting, and underground construction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in the preparation of operating and capital budgets.
- Experienced in PC-based software programs, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and business-based software (Oracle/JDE or equivalent).
- Ability to drive planning and scheduling of work and then execute on them.
- Define, establish and set Key Performance Indices (KPI's) and hold groups accountable to KPI's.
- Improve each group as it pertains to the Operational Management System (OMS).
- Manage the appropriate levels of labor, equipment, tools, supplies, and materials for each group.
- Identify and define high performers within the group and train and develop these salary employees for future promotional roles
- Familiarity with the 5S Methodology to promote cleanliness, orderliness, and standardization.