- Nye, MT, USA
- DOE + SIP Bonus(Quarterly)
- Full Time
Industry leading benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, and up to an 8% 401k match
LOCATION: Stillwater Mine - Nye, MT (Greater Billings Area)
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: The implementation of the Company's environmental programs in order to maintain and document compliance with all applicable environmental laws, rules, environmental obligations, permit stipulations, and ESG requirements. The position involves performing complex environmental oversight with considerable independent judgment and decision-making.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible to ensure compliance with environmental requirements, permit stipulations, obligations, and the Good Neighbor Agreement. Regularly communicates status of compliance, data trends, & reporting status. Develops and implements improvement/recovery plans as needed.
- Responsible for oversight and operation of water treatment and management systems.
- Assists with routine and ongoing communication with the GNA Technical Advisors and other stakeholders to ensure complete operational transparency.
- Implements Corporate ESG Programs and associated reporting, oversight, document management, and training including ISO 14001 certification.
- Collaborates with the Environmental Permitting, Projects, and Stakeholder Managers in the operation of the Department.
- Interacts with Operations in the planning and response to changing compliance requirements, regulatory issues, or community concerns. Ensures best practices and continuous improvement activities are implemented.
- Implements inspection programs, physical audits, & training.
- Manages overall delivery to cost, time, commitments, and quality.
- Identifies and manages Contracts and Contractors to support compliance.
- Assists with the planning, scheduling, and monitoring of environmental budgets.
- Assists with the ongoing development, implementation, and oversight of the Environmental Management Systems.
- Assists with technological development and automation of environmental programs and systems.
- Oversees the development and growth of Environmental Staff.
- BS, MS, or Technical Degree in environmental, biological, or earth sciences and 10 years of environmental and management experience within the mining industry or related industry.
- Alternatively, 15 years of equivalent environmental management experience.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulations and permit requirements.
- Strong leadership qualities: character, teamwork, communication, business sense, and vision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Strong analytical ability, problem-solving skills, & work ethic