- Big Timber, MT, USA
- DOE + SIP Bonus
- Full Time
Industry leading benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, and up to an 8% 401k match
General Foreman - Concentrator Operations
Location: East Boulder Mine - McLeod, MT
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: establishing and maintaining safety and production work standards; providing leadership and guidance to front line supervisors; planning and implementing work activities on a weekly and monthly basis to facilitate the overall production plan; ensuring adequate operating supplies; evaluating supervisors performance; providing supervision and guidance for surface crew personnel; understanding and meeting budget goals for the concentrator. As a secondary function, this position will support and coordinate activities with other groups including safety, surface maintenance, metallurgical and process control personnel, environmental, mine operations, and downstream operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment, safe work practices, and a strong safety culture.
- Ensure that employees have all the necessary tools, knowledge, and skills to perform their jobs safely and efficiently.
- Interface with the Maintenance department on equipment requirements and activities. Execute and document Preventive Maintenance (PM) activities.
- Hold people accountable in a consistent manner, document performance as required, resolve non-conformance issues, and address employee issues with appropriate resources.
- Understand and work within the monthly operations plan
- Set and maintain standards and expectations
- Coordinate and conduct Job Safety Observations & Planned General Inspections
- Ensure compliance with safety, environmental and certifying authority requirements.
- Communicate production and safety goals with the supervisors and crews.
- Create an environment that promotes teamwork and innovation, and actively seek feedback from the workforce and supervisors for continuous improvements.
- Manage manpower requirements, interview and select employees as budgeted.
- Provide input and feedback on Business Improvement initiatives.
- Solid working knowledge of applicable MSHA rules and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant processing plant experience in a supervisory, lead man, or equivalent position
- Experience in crushing, grinding, sulfide flotation, and filtration
- Knowledge and experience operating tailings and water piping and pumping systems
- Chemical handling experience
- Well established interpersonal, communication, and record-keeping skills
- Experience with automated plant process control systems
- Experience and understanding of health, safety, and environmental regulations
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Ability to drive planning and scheduling of work and then execute on them.
- Computer skills plus the ability to learn and utilize Company authorized software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Understanding of health, safety, and environmental regulations
- Bachelor of Science – mineral processing or equivalent
- Experience in metallurgical accounting – database systems
- Experience in Rockwell Automation PLC and HMI configuration
- Experience implementing safety and quality control systems
- Project management experience
- Experience in heavy equipment operations
- Experience managing in a union environment
- Computer skills
- Experience using JDE
- Independent work habits