- Columbus, MT, USA
- DOE + SIP Bonus(Quarterly)
- Full Time
Industry leading benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, and up to an 8% 401k match
Location: Columbus, MT
This position reports to the Project Control Manager within the Projects Group with a strong dotted line relationship to the Controller/Finance Departments. The Project Accountant/Cost Engineer will have the primary responsibility to support the Cost Engineer in project accounting and change management areas. Effective support in these areas will enhance the Cost Engineer's ability to provide timely and accurate cost reporting and forecasting.
Project Accounting responsibilities will include proper set up of project accounts in JDE; reconciliation of project WBS to JDE accounts; auditing of contractor/vendor invoices; ensure timely payment of invoices; prepare and submit monthly accruals to accounting; interface with accounting and operations on assets and provide information to capitalize assets in a timely manner; resolve invoicing, coding, payment concerns with contractors/vendors; support monthly reporting of cost information, etc.
Change Management responsibilities will include management of a master change register for all projects; audit change management activities to ensure that all transactions are reported and recorded; ensure that change notices are moved to the final state in a timely manner; ensure all change notices are properly approved; validate coding, cost, and schedule impacts, and descriptions of change notices; coordinate change information with Cost Engineer to ensure accurate forecasts; provide analytical support; work directly with contractors/vendors to ensure change register is complete and resolve issues; etc.
The candidate must possess strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders to gain consensus from sometimes divergent points of view.
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in project accounting, cost engineering, change management on engineering and construction projects.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, MS Project, PowerPoint.
- Leadership qualities including character, teamwork, communication, business sense, and vision
- Basic understanding of MSHA & OSHA regulations.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, as well as, within a team-based environment.
- Familiarity with cost reporting, tracking, and analysis related to different construction contracting strategies.
- Five+ years project accounting/cost engineering experience.
- Knowledge of JDEdwards systems; cost and financial.
- Knowledge of ProCore and ViewPoint.
- Working knowledge of scheduling software such as MS Project, P6.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot multiple data streams in a spreadsheet-based environment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
See Physical Requirements and Working Conditions on file in Human Resources