- Big Timber, MT, USA
- DOE + SIP
- Full Time
Industry Leading benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, STD/LTD, and up to 8% 401k match
Environmental Specialist 2 or 3
Location: East Boulder Mine- McLeod, MT
POSITION SUMMARY: The Environmental Specialist 2/3 is an experienced environmental professional who will take ownership of and be accountable for specific aspects of Sibanye Stillwater's East Boulder Mine environmental programs. This position will be part of an environmental team championing Sibanye Stillwater's environmental programs while providing support for site compliance, training, permitting, and reporting functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with the preparation, coordination, and review of compliance requirements, monitoring data, reporting, and permitting with a heavy emphasis on excel spreadsheet calculations and formulas for data comparison and reporting.
- Authors documents required for permitting/programs, compliance reporting, and operating systems
- Directs or conducts engineering studies and evaluations for optimization in water/tailings/waste/land management systems.
- Provides guidance to Operations personnel in the planning and response to environmental issues
- Assists with the planning, scheduling, and environmental oversight of capital projects. Ensures that resources are available for the timely completion of projects.
- Ensures compliance with environmental obligations through inspections, physical audits, and timely correction of identified deficiencies.
- Coaches and assists in the development of Environmental staff and participates in the training of East Boulder employees
- BS, MS, or Technical Degree in environmental, biological, or earth sciences and 3-5 years of environmental experience within the mining industry or related industry.
- Working knowledge of State and Federal regulations & accountable for permit compliance.
- Able to effectively identify critical problems then develop and implement resolutions.
- Strong leadership qualities: character, teamwork, communication, business sense, and vision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, and database applications.
- 3 to 5 years of experience at an operating mine
- Specific experience with water management, water treatment, and tailings management.