- 24-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
LEAD ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Licensed)
SHP is looking for an energetic, highly motivated Electrical Engineer interested in developing highly efficient and sustainable design solutions in a collaborative architectural environment. This position offers the opportunity to work on projects of varying scales and complexity and influence SHP's vision of becoming a premier sustainable design firm. Building types primarily include Pre-K-12 education, higher education, recreational, civic, and commercial/workplace facilities.
The principal responsibilities of Lead Electrical Engineer include:
- Managing client and consultant relationships.
- Overseeing production, directing, inspiring, and mentoring the electrical engineering team.
- Daylight modeling and analyses to optimize overall building design.
- Advanced lighting control systems design.
- Design of power, lighting, fire alarm, electrical service, security, and technology systems for various types of clients including educational, institutional, and commercial office facilities.
- Voltage drop and fault current analyses.
- Development of the design criteria which define system requirements.
- Development of conceptual design and preliminary design documents, including calculations related to sizing and selecting of these systems.
- Development of final design/construction/bid documents including specification, sequences of operation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
Desired Skills and Experience
Bachelors's or Masters's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology is required. Minimum 10 years experience designing building electrical systems and managing design/production teams. PE license required with ability to become licensed in multiple states. Strong computer skills using Revit and/or BIM is desirable. Previous experience with an architecture or engineering firm preferred. Strong preference for candidates currently residing in the Cincinnati Metropolitan area.
SHP is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a competitive salary, performance bonus, and an excellent benefits package. Throughout our 120+ years in business, we've worked really hard to foster a familial culture with a healthy work/life balance.
SHP is an equal opportunity employer. To apply please submit cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.