- 29-Oct-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
SHP (www.shp.com) is looking for an energetic, highly motivated Licensed Mechanical Engineer/Plumbing Designer interested in developing highly efficient and sustainable design solutions in a cooperative architectural, multi-disciplinary environment. This position offers the opportunity to work on projects of varying scales and complexity and influence SHP's vision of becoming a premier sustainable design firm. Building types primarily include Pre-K-12 education, higher education, multifamily housing, civic and commercial facilities.
The principle responsibilities of a Mechanical Engineer/Plumbing Designer include:
- Working with the Mechanical Engineering team to develop design options for our projects and clients especially related to plumbing, fire protection, water distribution, storm drainage, sanitary waste and vent, and natural gas distribution.
- Size, select, design and schedule plumbing system components including fixtures.
- Fire protection design including pumps, standpipes and specialties.
- New building and remodel construction design.
- Assisting with fieldwork on facility assessments and audits.
- Cost estimates for designs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering is preferred.
- PE license required (or to be acquired within one year).
- Minimum 10 years of experience directly related to designing building systems including plumbing and fire protection.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Revit and/or BIM is required.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Development of final design/construction/bid documents including specification, sequences of operation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to manage client and consultant relationships
- Ability to oversee production, direct, inspire and mentor more junior staff
- Previous experience with an Architecture & Engineering firm would be beneficial.
SHP is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a competitive salary, performance bonus, and an excellent benefits package. Throughout our 119+ years in business, we've worked really hard to foster a familial culture with a healthy work/life balance.
SHP is an equal opportunity employer. To apply please submit cover letter, resume to email@example.com.