- 16-May-2022 to 10-Jun-2022 (PST)
- Customer Service
- San Jose, CA, USA
- Part Time
Job Title: Supervisor
Department: Solar4America Ice at San Jose
Reports To: Supervisor Lead, Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Scope and Nature of Role
Operates the facility and supervises employees in the absence of the General Manager, Operations Manager, and Supervisor Lead. Must know limits of jurisdiction, when to refer and defer to General Manager, Operations Manager or Supervisor Lead. Supervises all employees under the direction of the General Manager/Operations Manager and Supervisor Lead.
- Responsible in the absence of the Supervisor Lead, Operations Manager and General Manager for ensuring that shifts are sufficiently staffed.
- Responsible for maintenance of the ice surface, including use of edger and correct resurfacing techniques.
- In coordination with the Maintenance Supervisor, evaluates building maintenance and repairs on a daily basis.
- Oversees and maintains rental skates, boots, blade and boot replacement.
- Supervises maintenance and fills vending machines to ensure full availability of each product.
- Assists with event operation and promotions, private ice rental and parties.
- Assists with close-outs, bank deposits, making change and collecting NSF checks. Counts and secures all safe funds at the beginning and end of each shift worked.
- Inventories Sharks Ice keys and radios before and after his or her shift.
- Ensures that all employees are practicing excellent customer service, and that all policies and procedures are properly implemented.
- Knows emergency procedures for equipment and evacuation plan.
- Ensures the overall cleanliness of the facility.
- Ensures Sharks Ice is secured and locked at the end of business day.
- Monitors security cameras.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad spectrum of key contacts including employees, free lance instructors, user groups, parents, coaches, professional associate athletes, and the community the at large.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job that are physically demanding.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.