- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking a qualified Corrections Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Participate in outreach activities with domestic and international law enforcement communities to increase awareness of INL programs and policies to solicit greater cooperation and participation.
- Conduct scheduled diagnostic, follow-up, and pre-audit visits to federal and state correctional facilities in Mexico. Assess the conditions and operations of the prisons and provide, as a deliverable, a report on each prison visited and their needs, capacities, shortcomings, and progress achieved toward reaching standards sufficient for accreditation by the American Corrections Association (ACA).
- Support the correctional accreditation effort in developing and implementing professional training standards for corrections staff that meet or exceed international standards.
- Evaluate and assess the training requirements in the Mexican Penitentiary System, to ensure that the instruction provided meets international training standards. Provide technical assistance advice, training, mentoring, and support to Mexican partners in Corrections best practices in the management of prisons.
- Assist to develop and implement policies and practices for corrections facilities to provide guidance of how to operate secure, humane, gender sensitive prisons that prepare inmates for reintegration into society and discourage recruitment by transnational criminal, and gangs.
- Prepare background materials and reports used by INL in preparing speeches, briefings, and testimony on corrections.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with its profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- Mexican citizen
- FSI Level 3/3 Spanish.
- FSI level 3/3 English.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, criminal justice, social sciences, and a combination of (5) years of law enforcement and/or professional work in correctional institutions of which (2) years should include managerial and supervisory experience.
- Individual must have a demonstrated track record of accomplishment in the specific subject matter requested.
- Ability to pass a U.S. Embassy RSO security background check.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Must have a knowledge of Microsoft software as word, excel, outlook, power point is required.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively in multiple tasks and projects in a high-stress environment is required.
- Ability to be able to establish and adjust work priorities is required.
- Proven ability to work effectively with host-nation counterparts.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
SGI Global, LLC https://sgiglobal.applicantpro.com